Harley Davidson Road Trip
When it comes to taking a Harley Davidson road trip there are no strict rules but mere guidelines as there is no right or wrong way to things. When it comes to a road trip experience will teach you more and with some practice packing can become exciting rather than a tedious chore.
When it comes to packing a motorcycle some believe that it is more about what you leave behind then what you take. A good idea is to put everything that you want to take with you into a pile and remove the less essential items. You will need to eliminate the items one by one until the pile is more manageable and of course packable. You should keep in mind that you will need to check the owner’s manual of your Harley Davidson for the cargo weight limits.
Harley Davidson Travel Tips
- Pack lightweight synthetic clothing like t-shorts and underwear as these can be washed in a hotel sink and will dry overnight whereas cotton fabrics will take too long to dry.
- When it comes to organising items in saddlebags and duffle bags, zip lock plastic bags of all sizes come in handy. By using these it will be easier to find certain items without the need of unpacking everything.
- To save on space rather roll your clothes instead of folding them.
- You should pack items that have multiple uses like a multi tool is better than just a simple pocket knife.
- If you are travelling with one or more people it’s a good idea to compare packing lists so that you do not duplicate items.
- If you are unsure if you will need a particular item it might be better to just buy it whilst on the road.
- When you are loading your motorcycle it is best to keep the weight to the bikes centre of gravity, which is low and towards the tank.
- Always pack for cold and wet weather no matter the time of year.
- If it is raining consider wrapping a small towel around your neck to stop the water from running down your back.